Shopping in Rohtak
Rohtak town is district headquarters and is one amongst the 21 districts of Haryana. It comprises 2 tehsils the Meham tehsil and the Rohtak tehsil. The entire Rohtak district is dominated by the “Jats”. Jats are very simple and straight forward. Their language is a bit rude however they are extremely witty. Agriculture is the main occupation in Rohtak and besides this a minority of workers is also engaged in the household and cottage industries.
Due to commercialization the lavish and gorgeous mansions (or havelis) in Rohtak which used to be the pride of Rohtak were sold or demolished by the owners. Moreover, these architectural possessions were replaced by huge malls and shopping complexes. Thus, now the present city of Rohtak attracts plenty of locals as well as visitors from the neighboring cities to have a wonderful and memorable shopping experience.
Top Places for Shopping in RohtakRohtak feels proud to give shelter to some fabulous shopping places where one can get a huge variety of stuff to shop. Some of the well-known shopping sites in Rohtak are:
- Sector 14 Market- If you are a shopaholic then this place can attract you with its eye-catching shops which contain a wide assortment of things. There is a shopping complex in sector 14 which houses the renowned “Katy Perry Music Store” which is worth a mention. Apart from the main market shopping center in sec 14 there are also some good boutiques and the “Agro mall” in this area which you can check out.
- Ramkali Market- This is the local market of Rohtak where you can find reasonably priced stuff. Apart from the local stuff there are also some shops which offer clothing of top brands like Monte Carlo. So don’t forget to check out the garment stores in Ramkali market where you can shop for the non-branded as well as branded attire for men, women and kids.
- Palika Bazaar- You can find many clothing stores here like- Arora garments, Bharti garments and Aanchal, electronic stores like- Shree Jee Electonics, Sanmati electronics and LG store. Apart from these the Malhotra Sons jewelers is a well-known jewelry shop in Palika bazaar.
- Old Housing Board Colony Market- This is one of the oldest market in Rohtak. It houses 10 shops and the tenth shop in this market is famous as the “10 Numberi Ke Dukan”. This shop is more than 35 years old and is the most popular among the rest. This shop offers all the items which are needed in the daily life such as- vegetables, stationery, grocery items, fruits and many more. Apart from this one more shop which is worth mentioning is “J R Surveillance Solutions”. Here you can purchase any kind of item for the security of your home or office. The shop offers CCTV camera, burglar alarm system, face recognition system, fingerprint machines, video door phone, fingerprint lock, fire alarm system and DVR are just to mention a few.
- Sector 2 and Sector 3 Markets- These are also local markets of Rohtak to shop for groceries and clothing. To buy the best quality vegetables for your home you can bank on the”Sabji Mandi” in Sector 2. The main attraction of sector 3 is the “Merion sky mall”.
Shopping Malls in RohtakJust like then other big cities Rohtak has also adopted the mall culture. Although Rohtak is a small town, it has set up extravagant malls for its residents so that they can have the pleasure of shopping as well as other leisure activities all under a single roof. There are mainly 3 noteworthy malls in Rohtak which are- The Merion sky mall, the Agro mall and the Sheetal lifestyle mall.
Merion Sky MallThe Merion sky mall lies in Rohtak city’s prime shopping location which is the Sector 3 market. This location is also the central point of Rohtak. Being located on the highway the Merion mall can be easily accessed from the other parts of Haryana, NCR and Uttar Pradesh.
This mall houses the latest designer clothing of the top brands in India. The following are the popular brands offered by this mall:
- United Colors of Benetton
- Numero Uno
- Planet fashion
Contact Details of Merion Sky MallAddress: Merion Sky Mall, Sec-3
Rohtak, Haryana, Pin code- 124001
Phone numbers: 9311190050 or 9311190051or 52/53/54
Agro MallThe Agro mall is situated at sector 14, Rohtak. This mall was inaugurated by the chief minister of Haryana Bhupinder Singh Hooda on 2 March 2013. This is a mall which offers the best marketing prospects for horticultural and agricultural yield. This is the most up-to-date mall set up by the Haryana government to equip the farmers with all the latest facilities.
Here all the items associated with agriculture such as- meat, fruits, eggs and vegetables can be found. The formation of this kind of mall is an effort towards uplifting the agricultural activities of Rohtak which has been famous as an affluent agricultural belt of the Haryana state. The mall has 4 storeys and has a basement for parking. The facilities of the mall include:
- Vertically stacked toilets
- 4-storey tall central atrium
- Fully air-conditioned
- Security systems
- Automatic fire fighting
Contact Details of Agro MallAddress: Sec- 14, Rohtak
Haryana, Pin code- 124001
Sheetal Lifestyle MallThis mall is located in the model town in Rohtak and is placed just opposite to the D-park. The mall houses all the major brands of clothing for men, women and children.
Contact details of Sheetal lifestyle mall
Address: Sheetal Lifestyle Mall, Delhi rd, Model Town, Rohtak, Haryana, Pin code- 124001
Retail Stores in RohtakBuying products from the retail shops is the best option to get your preferred and exclusive array of products. Some of the popular retail shops which deal with retailing of garments in Rohtak are- John players exclusive store, Vishal mega mart, Red tape exclusive store, Catmoss, LEE Solly, Monte Carlo, Cotton County and Kids and Kweens. Gopal sari bhandar is quite famous among the silk sari retailers in Rohtak. Durga sari bhandar, Sanghi sari niketan and Pallavi sarees are among some other notable sari retailers in Rohtak.
Furniture Shops in Rohtak
Furniture is an essential part of home décor without which any room looks incomplete. The furniture shops in Rohtak deal with different kinds of furniture ranging from wooden to iron and glass furniture. Some of the furniture shops are highly reliable because of the quality of their goods. Before buying furniture from a shop make sure to do a well research on its product price and quality. Also, always compare the prices of several shops to have an idea of the standard price of the furniture.
List of Furniture Shops in RohtakSome of the noteworthy furniture shops in Rohtak are:
- Ashoka Furniture House
Address: Rohtak, Nirankari mrkt, Gohana Adda,
Rohtak, Haryana, Pin- 124001
Phone number: 9215257500
- Nilkamal Home Idea
Address: Outer Qila rd, Nxt to Kalra petrol pump,
202A, Rohtak, Haryana, Pin- 124001
Phone number: 01262320112 ?
- Furniture Hub
Address: Opposite New TVS showroom, nr Jat Bhawan,
Sheela by pass to Delhi rd, Rohtak Bus Stand,
Rohtak, haryana, Pin- 124009
Phone numbers: 9253325600, 01262-925332 and 9812190502
- Fancy Furniture
Address: Shop number 13, Lajpatrai mkt, Gohana stand,
Rohtak HO, Rohtak, Haryana, Pin- 124001
- Shri Shyamji Furniture House
Address: Vpo Balambha, Rohtak HO, Rohtak, Haryana
Phone number: 9992357067
- Pankaj Furniture
Address: Ashoka Chowk, Circular rd, Rohtak HO,
Rohtak, Haryana, Pin- 124001
- Krishan Furniture House
Address: Babra Mohalla, Rohtak, Haryana, Pin- 124001
Phone number: 09729475888
- Vimal Furniture
Address: Tej Colony, Rohtak, Haryana, Pin- 124001
Phone number: 09255202455
Miscellaneous Shopping in RohtakElectronic shops, jewelry shops, book shops and computer shops in Rohtak come under the category of miscellaneous shopping. These shops are spread all over the city of Rohtak. Unlike grocery items these items are not required on a daily basis. Hence, you must do a well market-research before buying these things from a particular shop. You can also consult your friends and relatives before buying a specific product from a shop. For some renowned shops in Rohtak like- PC jewelers, Tanishq, Samsung, LG electronics etc. the name itself is enough.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1